Today we were in Brighton. I like this city because there is a beautiful sea and a lot of interesting things to see. The people were very polite and we ) talked to some of them. We were at the pier, it‘s such a wonderful place.After that we were in the city and it was very hot. Because of that I didn‘t have sunscreen I have now a sunburn, but I have luck because it does not hurt.
After we spend our time in Brighton we took the train back to Worthing. The beach there is very nice. There was a Polish and Russian shop and I bought some things there.
Now I‘m in my bed and I‘m going to sleep.
Today was a good day:).
Here are the tasks for 9a:
- Find something that is typical British for you and take a picture/write about it. (example: red telephone booth)
- Speak to someone you don’t know.
- Compliment something you like on her/him. (clothes/gadgets)
- Spin the “wheel of smalltalk” in your head. Talk about: weather, food, youtube, travel, recent events, hobbies…
- Try British food – take a picture of it, comment on it and upload it.
- Write down what you liked / enjoyed / disliked…
|You bump into someone!
Someone bumps into you!
Something becomes unimportant.
You stop your conversation.
You order something in a restaurant.
I`d like to have…
You ask for the price of something.
How much is/are…
You greet someone politely.
Hello! So nice to meet you!
|You say goodbye nicely.
Two pounds fifty pence / “p”
You ask for direction
Excuse me, please. I am searching for…
You are in a hurry. A man is blocking your way.
Excuse me, Sir / Madam!
You want to say thank you.
You refuse something.
No, that’s fine!